Saturday, August 11, 2012

Getting VNS Turned On

I just had my VNS turned on yesterday, I will tell you it's no picnic.When the generator was turned on right away I felt a jolt of electricity go up my neck and into my brain. I would have to say that I'm glad that I was sitting down because it was intense enough to knock me down. Other things I have experienced  have been shortness of breath, dizziness when standing, feeling lightheaded, and sore throat. 

   When I use the magnet the intensity is about double or triple of normal stimulation. When I went to sleep last night I woke up with a choking sensation in my throat. After waking up this morning I still felt very tired. Today I have already had two seizures, so I'm thinking that when I see the doctor  in two weeks that he may have to raise the dose of electric stimulation. 

  I have also decided to put the helmet back on because of the breakthrough seizures that are happening. One day hope to permanently rid myself of the helmet, but now I feel it's the right thing to do right now for my personal safety. 
   
  I would like to say to those considering having  a VNS implant that not everybody has bad experiences. I know some other people who I have met, that have had great results with the implant. These are just my personal experiences, and I'm only two days into this. I'm very sure that things could get better as I go along with this process. I'm just sharing this for those who may be considering getting this procedure. So you may have some things to think about before making a decision on if you would like to have VNS Therapy.

     


No comments:

Post a Comment