Saturday, August 11, 2012

Safety in the shower

    One thing I would like to talk about today is safety while bathing. A lot of people don't think of this being a big deal, but as an epileptic it is. I have heard of people having a seizure in the tub and drowning. 

Here are some tips to keep you safe:

1. Take a shower instead of a bath.

2.Use a shower chair or seat in case of drop attack.

3. If you have to take a bath make sure to have someone with you in the bathroom, I case of a seizure.

4. Make sure to have safety bars or railings installed in your bath tub or shower, to prevent falls.

           

3 comments:

  1. Bath safety is important for people of all ages from children and the elderly. These products decrease the chances of falls in the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree 100% that bathroom safety is important for everyone. My blog however targets from a epileptics view point.

      Delete
  2. I use a $7.99 white plastic chair from Walmart. I leave mine in my tub all the time. It took me 2 years to convince my 80+ year-old parents to do the chair and handle/grip bars. I sleep better knowing they have taken precautions. After Whitney Houston died in the tub and John Travolta's epileptic son died in a bathtub fall...I cried & cried & got the plastic chair. God Bless

    ReplyDelete