Sunday, May 27, 2012

Seizure Helmets


Wearing a helmet has become a big part of my life. The reason for wearing it is that I have seizures. Sometimes I have drop seizures that cause me to fall. This big bulky thing on my head gives me enough cushion to protect me from causing any kind of head trauma.

I have gotten used to wearing my helmet pretty much, so much to the point that sometimes I forget I'm wearing it. The only thing I hate about it is when people see me they stop and stare or even make fun of me. I have even been called freak or retarded, witch at times makes me upset. I just get on with my life and remind myself that it's for my own protection.



Since starting to wear the helmet I have been trying to be myself even on YouTube. I have started a channel called brotherjohnspeaks as kind of a way to raise awareness for epilepsy and other seizure disorders. It's also kind of a Christian outreach to others with seizures, as I also share my faith and love for the Lord Jesus.

When I first got the helmet I was having a hard time finding a dealer that sold them. So I'm gonna leave some links for other who may be looking to get a seizure helmet.

PLUM ENTERPRISES INC







3 comments:

  1. thanks for your help with helmets. I think you look great. Also your brain thanks you for protecting it. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey buddy, im sorry people give you looks about your helmet i myself may have to wear one soon, im already into the wearing of diapers and acccepted them as part of my day to day daily life and im totally ok with it so im gonna look for a helmet too, but you look sweet in it, dont stop buddy, you're well loved no matter what people say, and you looo great~

    ReplyDelete
  3. buy nitasafe online the dosage used for Oral suspension 100 mg/5ml; patients ≥ 1 year of age and Nitazoxanide tablets 500 mg; patients ≥ 12 years of age are indicated for the treatment of diarrhea caused by Cryptosporidium.

    ReplyDelete