Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Things to Concider Before Getting VNS

Today I want to share some thing you should concider before you decide to ge a VNS implant. The reason for this post is because when I heard about this amazing technology I want to get this procedure done right away. I did not way the pros and cons of the recovery process. Now you might be asking, John do you have any regrets? I would have to say no, I have a lot less seizures than I did before. I used to have about 25 -50 seizures a week now I only have about 5-10 a month wich is great.
There has been things I have to endure on my way to this piont.

So here is a list of things to cocider before making that choice to get VNS.

1. Pain for about two weeks at the incision pionts

2. Stinging sensation wnen divice is first turned on.

3. Horseness of vioce and shortness of breath depending on divice settings

4. High amounts of electric stimulation everytime the impulse generator is turned up by your doctor.
(this may be painful depending on the settings)

5. Your doctor may have to up the dose of stimulation according to the amount of seizure activity. The more seizures you are having the higher the amount of electric stimulation.



There are others factors besides these ask your doctor for free DVD and Guide about VNS.


No comments:

Post a Comment