Friday, March 15, 2013

Part Time Work and Epilepsy

One thing I have been worried about these last few months since my VNS surgery is going back to work part time. Before the implantation of my VNS I was having lots of seizures, even afterwards I was still having seizures at a regular pace while my  VNS was being ajusted. Finaly I have come to a point to where I haven't had any seizures in a while. Finaly aafter all the waitihg at home I decided to go bact to my old work place and see if I could have my old job back, and fortunantly for me I will be going back to work soon. 


  There is one thing however I am concerned about and that is how my body will react to me working again since I have not been working since July of 2012. I have notice at home after working around the house I get burned out after about 4-5 hours. I think it is do to the medication and the high amount of electrical stimulation from the VNS. I guess I will have to take it slow for the first few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment