Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gaming and Seizures

One thing that I have found out during my time being and epileptic is that playing video games during a long period of  time can cause seizures. The flashing lights and bright colors can cause over stimulation in the brain causing a seizure.There are however  ways to prevent seizures during game play, one thing I have found is things to do during game play to prevent seizure activity is to limit your game play time. Don't play any games with flashing or  bright lights. One other thing I have heard is that wearing sunglasses are a good idea during game play. Not everyone has this problem with seizures during gaming. So my  advice to you is be very careful if you have epilepsy and play video games. If you do have seizures don't play games by yourself. Always have someone around just in case of an emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment