Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Even if you have epilepsy.

I have had epilepsy all my life, ever since birth, and ever since then even though I have struggled, I have never let anyone tell me that I can't do what my heart desires. That is the topic of this article, that even if you have epilepsy you can still do it. There are many things I have accomplished in my life that I would like to share with you. I am 37 years old, I am a husband, and a father. I am well respected by my family, friends and others who know me. Things I am very good at are writing, blogging, and short film making on YouTube. I also have Pastors certificate and License to Preach after taking an online course a few years ago.

  Well I'm not trying to gloat about myself, just trying to show that just because you have a disability it doesn't mean you can't do anything with your life. Plus I know that there are other, that think epileptics are helpless, wich is far from the truth. I had a friend in High School who had seizures really bad, she was in a wheel chair, and even though she had the option to stay home because she was so bad, she came to School every day and even graduated with honors. Unfortunately about a year or two later she passed away, but she never let her condition control her life. 

   Just to end this article I just want to say that I hope this has encouraged those who have epilepsy, and I also hope this has opened the eyes of those who may think that epileptics, and others with disabilities are helpless because we are not. It may take us more time to accomplish tasks, but overall we can still do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment