Sunday, September 2, 2012

(VNS) A Long Recovery

Recovering from my VNS procedure has been a lone and hard road. At first when the device was turned on it didn't bother me that much. The stimulation was at a minimum level that I could tolerate.

  Unfortunately I was still having a lot of seizures. So when I went back to see the doctor recently, he had to up the dose of stimulation. 




I have recently been suffering from dizziness, disorientation, feeling lightheaded, shortness of breath, hoarseness of voice, and more seizures.

  I'm not saying just yet that the VNS is not effective. I'm just saying that there is a long time to recover from the surgery, and all the adjustments from the device. I am very sure that everything will work out in the end.
   I am just writing this article so epileptics who want this procedure will know what to expect. So far there has been a lot of pain with the healing, and a lot of dizziness with the adjustments of the VNS device.

      




No comments:

Post a Comment