Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Scars Left Behind

Scar on my chest from VNS surgery
One thing a person must consider when getting any kind of surgery for epilepsy is scars weather it be brain surgery or VNS. Once you've had a procedure   

Neck scar after VNS surgery
done your stuck with not only the physical scars but also the scars of the outcome results. I will tell you that in my opinion there is no cure for epilepsy or any other seizure disorder. These types of procedures just makes it easier for people with seizures to make it through life. I had the VNS implant  surgery just this year, and my experience has been that I have less seizures, but I do feel burned out and tiered from the stimulation. So even though my seizures are less frequent I still have to deal with a few seizures still and fatigue from the stimulation of the VNS. So sometimes I wounder if this was worth the physical scars left behind on my chest and neck. I've only had this device  for about a mounth or two so only time will tell.      

No comments:

Post a Comment