Friday, September 21, 2012

Living Day to Day with Epilepsy

Living with epilepsy has been quite a challenge for me simply because every day is never the same. I never know if I'm gonna have a good day or a bad day, or if I'm gonna have 1 seizure or 20 seizures in a day. I have days when I feel great and other days when I feel crappy, every day is different. 

  There are several things I deal with on a daily basis. I have a VNS implant that sends an electrical current to my brain every five minutes. My sleeping patterns are all messed up so sometimes I get up on time or sometimes I sleep all day. A lot of times I have seizures during sleep, so when I get up in the morning I feel dizzy and disoriented. Because I have had so much seizure activity for so many years, my nerves are all messed up and I have urinary incontinence. Every day I have to wear adult diapers, I have to change them about  once every 
2-3 hours a day.

    I really enjoy the good days. On good days I clean house, do a little reading from my Bible, and take a long walk with my dog.
   
Epilepsy is a struggle, but I just try to take everything one day at a time.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment